Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Happy Birthday, Tinner!!

Today is my big sis's 34th birthday!! I have called Christin, "Tin", for years. According to my mother, when I was little I couldn't pronounce all the letters of Chris's name, so Christin became "Tin". Since then, it has morphed into multiple variations....Tinny, Tinner, Tinski, etc. Even my friends refer to her as Tinny. It's quite funny to hear Foil ask..."How's Tinner and Mike?" I'm pretty sure Gina calls her Tinny most of the time as well. I love how the nickname has stuck, decades later.
I love this photo of Mike and Chris. It was taken in Canada, on a trip they made to visit Mike's family. They both look so great, and the sunset is gorgeous.
This is probably one of my favorite pictures of Chris and I. It was taken in 2005 (I think) at the Capital Club, for LeighAnn's birthday.

Chris came to visit me in California in June, it was a great weekend. We did a lot of relaxing and sightseeing. This picture was taken in the cactus garden at the Getty Museum. Some of my favorite Getty pictures are from this trip. It was also during Tin's trip to California where I discovered the hell and frustration that is LA traffic. I thought Seattle traffic was bad, it pales in comparison.
Today Tin and I are spending the day in Ballard, and I'm really looking forward to it. On the itinerary? Breakfast at The Dish on Leary (best Eggs Benedict in the city), then some boutique shopping in Ballard, followed by a movie at the Majestic Bay Theater (Burn After Reading, I think). Should be a super fun day!!!

2 comments:

Gina Lillie said...

Happy Birthday Tinny. (yes I do call her Tinny). Hope you guys had a great day!

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day Tinner!!