Monday, August 1, 2011

One Little Word -- May

As you know from my post from yesterday, this week I'm featuring a series of posts to catch you all up on my One Little Word project from Big Picture Classes.  I know you guys have been waiting with baited breath for my next installment.....May!!

So, May's prompt was one of the least challenging so far.  In a word -- documentation.  We were encouraged to write down our ideas, thoughts, tasks, missions and stuff we'd like to tackle with our word this year.  Also create another cover sheet for the month. 

Cover sheet:


Hello May! Lovely to see you again......
Still using patterned paper from a kit from Freehand Scraps.  I think the star stamp is a Tim Holtz stamp - love his stamps!

And my documentation:


I'm not sure you can see in this photo what the template spaces say -- each 8.5 x 11 sheet has 5 spaces to write.  Each space is divided in to two smaller spaces. The top space says Task/Mission/Goal/Objective/Thoughts/Stuff to Tackle.  The bottom space says Comments/Observations. 

Here are a few of my written spaces:

1. Create new memories with another dog.....I fell in love with Spuzz the moment I saw him, and haven't looked back!!  So happy....
Comments: Spuzz is so different than Milo as far as energy level, he keeps me on my toes.  Looking forward to adventures!!

2. Work on educating myself on foods that are easy to digest after gallbladder removal, I would like my digestion to be more predictable.
Comments: More fresh foods!

3. Keep Frank as healthy and happy as possible. Do the best you can with his medication, and don't punish yourself if he is combative.
Comments: It is your strength that you realize Frank will not live forever -- you'll know when he is ready to go.

4. Create an outdoor space to enjoy.  So looking forward to my deck area -- a place to sit and enjoy the fresh air.
Comments: Don't forget to allow Frank to experience the wind and sun in his fur.

5. Do something active 3 to 4 times a week.  You enjoy walking, do this with Spuzz. Zumba class was fun a a great workout.
Comments: You are reminded more and more as time goes by how important your health is, you really have nothing if you don't have your health!

Those are 5 out of 8 "tasks" that I have documented so far -- maybe I'll jot down more as the year progresses.

No comments: