Tuesday, August 2, 2011

One Little Word -- June

The prompt for June was one of the most challenging of the workshop thus far.  It was called Creative Meditation.  We were supposed to create 9 different mini-canvases -- keeping our word in mind as we created them.  I think they were difficult for me initially because the instructor used the word "messy" in the description of the project.  As most of my close friends and family know, I do not mesh well with the word "mess"..... my mind may be a mess sometimes, but my living space and work space are not.  So when I saw the instructor's personal process video for creating her canvases -- I was worried.  I don't work with paints much in my own scrapbooking -- not because I don't think it looks cool.  I actually think it looks really cool.  But paint to me equals dirty hands, and I like clean hands.  I'm so type-A sometimes.  Anyway, long story short, I managed to get over my fear of getting my hands dirty and had a great time creating my most colorful prompt so far.

Here are a few pictures that show my 9 mini-canvases:






Admittedly, I didn't actually get that dirty creating these canvases.  I used watercolors as the background for two of them, and did a little bit of stamping on a few of them.  I purchased a few acrylic paints in lime green, purple, and turquoise, but ended up running out of canvases because I wanted to include a photo of Frank and Spuzz in the project. 

I like the way they turned out though -- they are all different bright colors, which makes me happy.  We were supposed to choose a color to use as a jumping off point for our canvases, but I knew right away I didn't want to focus on just one color.  And that is one of the cool parts about this project -- you can create whatever you want, and whatever makes you happy! 

No comments: