Thursday, October 28, 2010

All moved in.....almost......

It has been really fun moving in to my new place....unpacking, organizing, decorating....all of it.  It has been a slow process, especially while Bailey was crashing at the house those 5 weeks.  When my parents came to pick Bailey up a few weeks ago, they dropped off my secretary's desk. 


I've had the desk since my Great Aunt Grace passed away over 15 years ago.  My mom had it refinished a few years ago and it looks awesome.  I have it in the living room.  My parents also brought over a box of stuff from my Grandma Ila.....tea cups, measuring spoons, a jam jar, sugar and creamer set, various dishes...opening the box brought back A LOT of memories of growing up.  We lived right next door to my Grandma, so I was over at her house on a daily basis.  I remember using those measuring spoons to help her bake.  And the tea cups in her hutch in the kitchen.  She was a huge part of my childhood, and I think about her often. 


Also in the box was a number of vintage napkins and doilies.  I put the jam jar and one of the doilies on top of my desk.  One of the things I love about my house is the chandelier in the dining room.  Check it out......


When the sun is shining through the windows, the crystals make little prisms appear on the walls.  As you can tell, I'm still obsessed with the ShakeIt app for iPhone.  I pretty much use it always.  I picked up these funky skeleton bridesmaids at a little boutique in Ballard, Romanza, yesterday.  Trying to get in the Halloween spirit.


You know who is also loving the house?  Frank.  He has made himself quite at home in this place.  He is like my little guard cat.  He's constantly surveying his domain, when he's not sleeping of course.  It is pretty amusing to get out of the shower and see him standing guard in front of the bathroom door.  I don't think he misses Milo much, but that is okay.  He's always been a solo cat.

     

2 comments:

Matt, Colleen, McKenzie and Ben said...

Love seeing the house updates! I had to enlarge that picture of Frank - I was a little concerned that you might be feeding him top ramen but all is well that appears to be tuna.

Kym said...

I love those bridesmaids!