Wednesday, October 27, 2010

It's time for some new music..........

It has been awhile since I've bought new music, so I decided to indulge with a few new treasures.  Fistful of music?  More like two fistfuls.  Here they are in no particular order..........

I have been totally digging on Florence + The Machine lately..... "Dog Days Are Over"...... such a great song.  Her album "Lungs" is awesome.  It has been on repeat since I picked it up, granted I bought it like an hour ago, but still.  All signs point to this album being a 2010 favorite.  Her performance at the VMAs?  Amazing.  Track 5 -- Kiss with a Fist...... love it. 


Next up, The Posies "Blood / Candy"...... I love me some Ken Stringfellow.  I remember seeing them in Bellingham in the early 90's, still one of my favorite shows of all time.  Plus I got one of the coolest t-shirts ever..... a graphic of a lunchbox with flies buzzing around it.  It's in a box somewhere, waiting for my rock t-shirt quilt to come to fruition.  Favorite song on Blood / Candy so far: Licenses to Hide.  Check it out.


Onward.  Kings of Leon "Come Around Sundown"..... It is no secret that Kings of Leon are one my favorite bands.  Love love loving this album.  Loved their show at The Gorge in July.  I'm so obsessed with them they could probably shit in a box and I'd find some excuse to love it.  There are just some artists that really do it for me, and Kings of Leon definitely are one of them. 


The Black Angels "Phosphene Dream".... I loved their album "Passover" from 2006, so I thought I'd give their newest a shot.  I haven't fully explored this album yet, but I heard some female vocals on one song and welcomed the change from their usual dark tones. 


Also not totally explored yet.... Sufjan Stevens "The Age of Adz".  It is in the car, just waiting for me to take a leisurely drive. 
In other music news...... Last night's Glee episode makes me want to bust out my copy of Rocky Horror.  Such a great movie!!  One of these Halloween's I'm totally going as Riff Raff. 

His humpback is unrivaled.  Oh oh oh.... speaking of Halloween..... I have my costume all dialed in.  It requires a 9 volt battery and some sound effects.  Any guesses?      

1 comment:

Gina Lillie said...

I can totally picture you wearing that Posie's shirt.
Next year you be Riff Raff, I'll be Magenta.