Monday, October 11, 2010

Saying goodbye to an old friend.......

It has been an emotional few days here, to say the least.  Milo's condition kept getting more grave and complicated, ending with the discovery of metastatic pancreatic cancer.  It turns out the pneumonia was due to his body shutting down from the cancer.  My poor little sweet boy.  I only had a year with him, but he brought so much joy to my life.  He was an incredible comfort for me, and I will miss him terribly.  I said goodbye to him Saturday afternoon.  We were placed in a room together, with a blanket on the floor.  They took the cone off his head, and he laid down in between my legs and fell asleep.  So comforting.  We spent some time alone together, me bawling my eyes out quietly as he rested next to me.  Later, the vet came in and he was set free.  Free from pain and suffering.  It was peaceful, and I am grateful his life ended in my arms.
I love you Milo, always.  

3 comments:

Matt, Colleen, McKenzie and Ben said...

I talked to Gina today and heard about your sweet Milo and now just read your blog... crying big puppy dog tears on my keyboard. I am so sorry about Milo, it's never fair how short dogs lives are but I know from your pictures that his happiest moments were spent with you.

Kym said...

Reading this post makes me cry too. I only knew Milo a short time but he was an absolute sweetheart. He was so dang lovable! I agree with the previous comment in that I know his happiest moments were spent with you!

S and J said...

I had not checked the blog lately and when you mentioned Frank missing milo I had to scroll down past your other potst to see what became of him. So sad! BUT people like you are awesome to welcome an old guy into your home and give him the love he deserves. I hope this wasn't too traumatic and you'll soon get another dog as there are a lot of dogs waiting to be loved.