Sunday, November 21, 2010

Halloween 2010....Breakin' it down!!

The past month has flown by!  It is hard to believe it has been a month since my last post.  What have I been doing?  I had a week of vacation, then Halloween, then a scrapbooking retreat, Built to Spill show, and now Thanksgiving is swiftly approaching!  Also been missing my little guy Milo quite a bit :(  I'm not going to lie, it has been a hard month and a half.  I miss Milo so much, everyday.  But it will get better in time, I know that.  Not to get too depressing, but I didn't do a whole heck of a lot on my week off at the end of October.  I pretty much just lounged around the house mourning my sweet Milo.  As well as organizing my house, putting the last minute touches on my Halloween costume, and preparing for my weekend scrapbooking getaway with my lady friends.

Let's break down Halloween 2010 folks!!!


Why hello my friends!  What is that filling my fridge you may ask?  Why, it's the latest banned alcoholic substance....Four Loko!!  Apparently it is all the craze with the college kids, putting young whipper snappers into the hospital.  Whatever happened to a good ol' fashioned beer?  Now they have to be all charged up with caffeine and taurine?!?  I'm too old for this shiz.  Seriously.  I think my heart would explode on impact.  So why did I buy 5 of these bad boys?


Jello shots, obviously.  What Halloween party wouldn't be complete without a couple trays of caffeine soaked malt beverage gelatinous shots?  I found an entire website devoted to different Jello shot recipes, did some quick alcoholic substitutions and there you have it....Four Loko Jello shots.  Admittedly, they weren't half bad.  On to my costume.......


My plan was initially to be a witch, and things went down an entirely separate road when I went to Display & Costume with the Hayes'.  Kim found her taco costume, and bam!! A few costumes down was this gem.....a Whoopie cushion.  Although the costume spells it Woopie....which is correct?  Whoopie or Woopie?  Either way, it was fun to ask "Who farted?" all night, and light up my remote control fart machine.  AND!  I won the coveted "Most Offensive Costume" award!  Well, all I can say is at least it wasn't the Worst Costume award.  A couple other costume gems....


Casey and Dan came as Hall & Oates, and managed to stay in character about 2/3rds of the night.  Ridiculously funny.  They even had a little Hall & Oates playlist playing at all times.  Is your kiss on their list?  You should probably check the list.......


Who is inside that Hall & Oates sanny?  It is Stu Ruebens, International Vacuum Salesman.  A little bit creepy, a little bit pervy, and a whole lotta smarmy. 


And this little lady?  It's the Tooth Fairy folks!  Cynthia nailed her Tooth Fairy costume this year.  Little did I know that the Tooth Fairy survives off of baby teeth and tears.


Heyyyyyyy yoooooouuuuuu guuuuuuuuyyyyyysssss!!!  It's Sloth from The Goonies!!  Jonny definitely deserved the award for Best Costume.  We watched The Goonies a week or so later, and his Sloth is pretty much spot on.  Although I would have liked to have seen someone do Chunk's Truffle Shuffle at the party.  Maybe next year.


Sloth's lovely bride Ashley, came as a badass roller derby chick!!  Check out the guns on that girl!  Nothing says "your ass is grass" like a barbed wire arm tattoo.  I'm steering clear of her roller rink.  

Brett Favre and Jenn Sterger also made an appearance late in the evening.  Brett kept trying to show me an inappropriate picture on his cell phone.  Who invited that guy?  Hasn't he retired like 12 times?  And what woman actually wants to receive a grainy cell phone shot of some guy's business?  Not even Jenn Sterger.  Come on!!

I had a fantastic time this Halloween!  Already planning my costume for 2011!  Well, not really, but I have some ideas mulling around upstairs.  I'm going to end this post with my favorite picture from Halloween 2010...... Taco Time!!!!!
               

1 comment:

Hall said...

I still crack up looking at Oates' bronzed skin. Great costumes by everyone.