Monday, September 13, 2010

Guess who?

Yep, I have another member of the animal kingdom squatting at my house for a span of time.  Apparently I am the go-to sucker for taking care of other people's animals while they leave town for an extended period of time.  My parents are visiting family on the east coast for a month, and I'm taking care of their dog, Bailey while they are gone.
She's a Westie, and she's adorable.  But a little more high energy than Frank, Milo, and I are used to.  We're adjusting though :)  After she runs around the house for a bit, she calms down pretty quick.  Luckily she loves her crate, so I put her to bed a little earlier than the rest of us, and she doesn't make a peep until morning.
Milo has been exhausted since she arrived, less than 24 hours ago I might add, it doesn't take much excitement for him to curl up for a nap.  But he seems pretty excited to have another canine pal around.  I was watching them interact this morning out in the yard, and both of their tails were wagging.  If anything, he's gotten a little more lovey towards me, wanting to lay *rightnext* to me on the couch.  Its adorable actually.  He hasn't jumped up on the couch in months, but yesterday he did it twice.  Bailey has a slight advantage over Milo since she is much smaller, and much more agile.  She can pretty much jump up on anything.  Like right now, she's curled up on my desk, next to my laptop.  And Milo is snoozing at my feet.  I'm in doggy heaven.  If you're counting, that is 2 dogs and 3 cats that I currently have at my house :)
In other news, I have done something I never thought I would do.....I joined Twitter.  Yeah, I thought my social networking had maxxed out with Facebook, but I guess not.  If you'd like to follow me, let me know and I'll send you my username.  And if you are on Twitter, and I'm not already following you, let me know your username.  Any recommendations for other Twitters I should be following?  If you say Justin Bieber I'll disown you as a friend.       

1 comment:

Kym said...

I like @susanorlean (author) @kellyoxford (smart cookie with an attitude) @ebertchicago @regretsy
You may like @cesarmillan since you have pets.
I also like @ricefz (an author of art books and a great blogger), @bestat (funny tweets). You can always follow them for a while and then unfollow if they don't do much for you.