Monday, September 20, 2010

After.......

Wow!!  What a difference!!  The gardeners came over while I was at work this Saturday and worked $hit out in the backyard!  Take a peek......
Pretty awesome, no?  Is it just me or does Milo look super lumpy in this photo?  I came home from work and was sooooo excited!  About the yard anyway..... Then I saw the 5 ginormous piles of dog puke throughout my pristine new-to-me house......yeah, Milo had "an eventful day" while I was at work.  Poor boy :(  I have been feeding him dog food by the name Avoderm for a number of months, and he seems to like all the flavors I've given him so far.  Except for the "Senior Dog" formula I introduced on Saturday morning.  Note to self: do not give Milo food he's never tried before on a day you aren't going to be home.  Bad idea.  Lesson learned.  Oh, and did I mention the puddle of dog pee I found as well?  Three weeks in the house and Milo hadn't broken his seal yet.....until Saturday.  Again, poor boy :( 
So I busted out my Haan Steam Cleaner.  I love this thing.  It cleans and sanitizes any sealed surface without the use of any chemicals.  Just water.  It's the power of steam people.  After cleaning up Milo's various bodily fluids, I ran the Haan over the floors, now they are like new.  I highly recommend this little gadget.
Why does Frank looks so peeved in the photo?  Well, if you know Frank, you know that he's kind of a dick most of the time.  He's ornery, doesn't really like to be touched much, and sure as hell does not like to have his territory threatened by a little, white, yappy dog named Bailey.  I've officially had to separate them.  It has been stressful on everyone, especially Frank and I.  I don't think Bailey could give a flying frack about Frank's nerves.  Frank has been letting me know in not-so-subtle ways (read: peeing on my bedspread) that he is unhappy with the house guest.  Since I've made my office in to Frank's sanctuary a few days ago, he seems a lot happier.  He has some windows to look out, his perch to sit and sleep on, and a banquet of food options provided by his guilty feeling owner.  Wet food, dry food, Bonito flakes, cat nip, you name it, he has access to it.  Oh, and don't forget the three fleece blanket beds on the floor.  He's living the good life for the next few weeks.  Sure, I'm positive he'd prefer the run of the entire house, but for now I think he'll make due without having to run in to Bailey.  And my nerves will stay in tact knowing Bailey can't corner Frank under the bed.  And of course the no-cat-pee-where-I-sleep is a positive.
She looks so innocent.....don't let her fool you...... :)  

3 comments:

Kym said...

Bailey looks like the picture of innocence in that shot. But we know better! I love the after shot of the back yard! Looks fantastic.

Matt, Colleen, McKenzie and Ben said...

I think you need a scrap page or maybe a whole book devoted to 'Jess Hilton, Critter Sitter'

Do you still have two other cats locked away in another room at your house?

jess said...

I know! I'm turning in to the crazy cat lady! Well, not for long.... the two kitty squatters will be leaving in like 5 days. Yeah! I'm ready to reclaim the room they've been staying in since I moved in to the new place.