Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Let's wrap this up folks......

Alright, so this will be my last Pearl Jam blog post for awhile (I'm sure some of you are thanking your diety of choice right now.....). If you haven't checked out their new album, "Backspacer", I highly recommend it. I have a number of favorites....... Just Breathe, Amongst The Waves, Unthought Known, Supersonic, The End, and, of course, The Fixer.

This past tour I was on a huge Pearl Jam poster mission. In celebration of their awesome posters, I bought the book "Pearl Jam Vs. Ames Bros: 13 Years of Tour Posters"..... It's a 264 page book featuring over 200 posters. Love it. I remember getting my first Pearl Jam show posters a number of years ago when they played at Memorial Stadium in Seattle.
Here's a peak at a few posters of shows I didn't go to...... Love that Hawaii poster.
They also released bootleg cd's from their recent tour on their website. I decided to go for the the September 22, 2009 show because it was my favorite setlist of the three shows I was able to attend. I'm still bitter that I couldn't go to the show in Vancouver BC. This whole working thing is totally getting in the way of my Pearl Jam obsession. Next time I'm calling in and saying I have diarrhea. You really can't argue with diarrhea. Although I have such a hard time lying, I doubt I would be able to do it. I'd fear that I would actually get the worst case of diarrhea known to man because I faked diarrhea. Then I'd be known to myself and close friends as the girl who cried diarrhea.
Sweet Jesus.....check out the poster from the Vancouver BC show on 10/25/2009..... it is glorious. Love the color scheme. Luckily my awesome sister was able to score me one at the show. Did I mention she also had 5th row center seats? If I could have gone to the show, I, too, would have been sitting in the 5th row center, watching Eddie's sweat drip off his brow. Damn you adulthood! Damn you responsibility! Still bitter, still obviously so bitter.
The poster from the Vancouver, WA show was pretty sweet. We ended up getting to the show right when the doors opened at 5pm, in hopes that I would be blessed by the gods with a poster, and indeed, I was. There was a plethora of posters actually, I probably didn't need to get to the show 3 hours early, but better safe than sorry, ya know.
Wait a sec......how did that handsome boy get into the shot? He loves Pearl Jam as well. You know what else he loves? "Possibility" by Lykke Li, off The Twilight Saga: New Moon (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack). Yeah, I downloaded it off iTunes. I'm not ashamed.

I'm kinda bummed the Pearl Jam shows are over:( But guess what? I've got Built to Spill on deck.....November 20th at the Showbox at the Market. Can't wait!!

No comments: