Friday, October 23, 2009

Hells yeah!!!!

I'm on vacation nerds!! Ahhhhhhhh, you do not even understand how excited I am to have the next nine days off! The last month I have been running myself ragged at work. We upgraded our computer system a few weeks ago and since rolling out the new system I've felt like I pretty much live at work. Plus with flu shots, and the media putting the fear of god in all of us about this H1N1 schtuff, I am ready for a break from the working world. After leaving work today, I came home, cleaned up around the house a bit, then took the most relaxing shower ever. It was like I was washing away a month of tension and frustration.

Look what I found in my mailbox tonight? My first issue of People magazine! Yeah, I took the plunge into the world of celebrity gossip. Shameless. It's one of my guilty pleasures, and I have never subscribed to the magazine. I get the occassional glimpse in the waiting room at the dentist's office, the check out line at the grocery store, or The Hayes' bathroom. I figured why the heck not, right? Now I'll get this tasty treat on a weekly basis. Sure I could be reading more intelligent literature, but why would I want to do that when I can read about Nicole Richie and Joel Madden's new baby Sparrow James Midnight Madden? I love my vacation already!
Some other things I have planned for the next nine days:
1. Resting. I've been going a mile a minute the last few weeks and I need to take a break to breathe. Like one of those huge cleansing breaths that makes you feel like you've just fully emptied your lungs and filled them up again. Restful sleep. No more dreams about processing prescriptions and huge flu shot needles. No joke, a few nights ago I had a dream about giving people flu shots with enormous needles. I wonder what Freud would have to say about that?
2. Taking care of myself. I haven't gone for a walk in weeks. I need to explore my new neighborhood on foot. And I'm looking forward to it.
3. Cooking. This could also fall under the category of taking care of myself. I haven't cooked much for myself over the past year, and I'm really excited about getting back in to a cooking routine. I'm busting out the recipe books this week and getting all Julia Child up in this bee-yatch. If anyone has any recipes they'd like to share, email them my way! I'm thinking a few crockpot recipes are in order.
4. Turning off the television and turning up the music. This one is pretty self explanatory. Last week I saw Sunny Day Real Estate at the Paramount and it was awesome. I'm looking forward to reconnecting with their albums this week, as well as the albums of Built to Spill. Just got my ticket in the mail for the BTS show at the Showbox on November 20th. Super stoked!!
5. Making my house a home. I want to put a little more of my personality in to my new digs. Check out the new table I bought a few months ago.......
It is the Lugano dining set from World Market. I've had my eye on this set for years. I love it, and I finally live in a house where I have room for it. Can't wait to have some people over for dinner! Until then, I will enjoy eating my breakfast at the table in the mornings. Frank likes licking Greek Gods yogurt off my finger. We love that stuff. Honey flavor is the best.
5. Spending time with friends and family. My parents are coming in to town for a visit on Wednesday. Bailey will be in attendance, which should prove interesting for Frank. My big sis turns 35 this week, so Wednesday night we'll be celebrating her birth with the 'rents. Tinny is the big 3-5!! Can't believe it. Plans with friends so far: Howl-O-Ween party with Kim on Sunday then punkin carving with Kim and Casey Sunday night, hangin' with Bren on Monday, lunch with Nic sometime during the week, pedicure with Gina Saturday morning, and Kyle's Halloween party Saturday night. It's fixin' to be a pretty sweet week.
6. Blogging. I'm not going to make any promises, because obviously I've failed every blogging goal I have set for myself over the past year. I think my goal at the beginning of 2009 was 2 blog posts a week? That didn't happen. Well, this week I'd like to crank out some bloggage. Here's to a fruitful blog week.
7. Create the most kick ass Halloween costume of my life so far. I think I can accomplish this. I've been cultivating an idea over the past few weeks. And I'm fairly certain I figured out how I'm going to execute it while I was listening to the sweet indie sounds of Sunny Day last Friday night. I don't want to give it away, but I'll give you a hint. Two words: oh and yeah.

So, there you have it, my plans for my stay-cation thus far. I'm sure these plans will grow and change over the course of the week, stay tuned.

3 comments:

Gina Lillie said...

Can't wait for Pedi on Saturday! Enjoy your vacation.

Heather said...

Nice! I love a long Jess blog post. Hope you enjoy your staycation! I'm betting you'll have lots of good bloggin' material once Milo moves in. Can't wait for that. Bummed I can't go to Kyle's on Sat. Please take LOTS of pictures!

S and J said...

I like the fact that you admit you read People. I'd rather have people pass me in the line at the grocery store just so I can flip a few more pages.