Thursday, October 29, 2009

happy birfday tinner !!!!!

Today my big sis turns 35!! As far as I'm concerned, we are still in our 20's and will remain that way for another couple decades. Am I the only 32 year old out there that still feels like I'm 22? And it's not that I am afraid of getting older, it's just crazy how fast time really does fly. Last night my parents stayed the night at my place and we met up with Chris and Mike in West Seattle for some birthday celebration dinner at the Elliott Bay Brewery. Delicious. My sister is one of the most amazing persons I know (is that grammatically correct?). She is generous, honest, funny, crafty, intelligent, beautiful, curious, passionate, eclectic, loving, inspirational.......the list could go on and on and on.......what I'm trying to say is that in the world of sisters, she's the bees knees. Chris is an amazing knitter, she makes beautiful pieces of clothing that would knock your knitted socks off. She's my partner in crime for Pearl Jam shows, as well as tons of other rock shows. She's the mother to a nutty nine year old dog and 3 twelve year old cats. She's an awesome wife to Mike, they are the cheese to eachother's macaroni. We are alike in a lot of ways, and different in a few.......we both cry at the drop of a hat (but mostly those tears of joy and inspiration kind of cries), she likes CSI, I like Deadliest Catch. We both have subpar vision and dysfunctional thyroid glands. One of the coolest things about Chris is the fact that she has worked in the field of land conservation for 14 years. She can hold her own in conversations about hockey and football. She supports Mike's love of exploring the world of foods that will surely lead to quadruple bypasses (Luther burgers, poutine, Dave's Famous Feast). Like I said before, bees freaking knees folks!

Chris and Mike bought their first house this past summer. Their new back yard is filled with various fruit bearing foliage. This year Chris decided to make grape freezer jam with the ton of concord grapes they have sprouting in the yard. Last night she sent my mom and I home with a jar of the jam, it is absolutely delicious. Sign me up for a couple jars from next season's crop.
In true mom and dad fashion, my parents woke up this morning at 6am. No joke. Some of you may not think 6am is a big deal, but it is for me. Even when I have to work the morning shift at the old pill factory, I don't wake up til 7:30ish. Anyway, after rubbing the goo out of my eyes, I made blueberry scones for breakfast. Top those scones with some Brummel & Brown and some of my sister's homemade grape jam and you've got yourself the breakfast of champions.
Tomorrow Chris and I are heading to Bellingham for potato burritos and boutique shopping. Can't wait. Happy birthday Tin!!

4 comments:

Heather said...

You guys have such an awesome relationship. I'm a little jealous since I never got that sister I always wanted... :) Happy Birthday Chris!

Matt, Colleen, McKenzie and Ben said...

Love the crooked smiles and match match specks ladies! Too cute.

Gina Lillie said...

Great birthday blog. And, I too still feel like I'm in my 20's. You are not alone. Enjoy the potato burritos. Viva la Casa que Pasa.
One question. Did you dad have a bowl of Total with that scone?

jess said...

Surprisingly, my dad didn't have a bowl of Total for breakfast with the scone.....BUT, I bet you $10 he had a bowl of Total for lunch when they returned home. He's a man of routine I tell ya. He should really be on a box of Total.
BTW, potato burrito was delicious!!