Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Belated Christmas Post -- Snow Day Edition

Merry Christmas Friends!

 
So I'm a little late getting to this post -- business as usual as far as my blog is concerned :)  I have a lot of goals written down for 2012, but not one of them includes this blog. Why? Because whenever I've made promises regarding my sweet blog in the past I've failed miserably. I've blog failed, so to speak. I figure if I, henceforth, have no expectations for this online diary situation I can't really let anyone, or myself, down. Sure, sure, I'd love to be the Pioneer Woman or Dooce of Seattle, but that just isn't in the cards. For one, my cooking and photography skills are crap compared to most bloggers I follow. And two, most bloggers I follow work from their home so they seem to be able to squeak in some blog time inbetwixt tending to their career and family duties.  I should probably quit my job so I can blog more.

Onward! Christmas 2011 flew by like bird shit with Paul Newman's face on it. If you've never heard that saying before then you obviously are not a Pauly Shore fan. I wouldn't call myself a fan, per se, but I'm familiar with his work. He released a comedy album in the 90's that remained on repeat in my life for a good year. Gina knows what I'm talking about -- we had that whole album memorized. Anywho, what I'm saying is Christmas came and went, quickly. The swiftness of it's presence was not lengthened any by the fact that I had to work the day before and the day after Christmas. The holidays are just not the same when you are a single adult. My days run together, but I'm cool with it. I'm sure if I had some sprouts running around I'd discover the magic of Christmas again. But my womb is a barren and rocky place, where no seed has found purchase.  So basically what I'm saying is Christmas can suck on deez n-u-teez.

With that said, I got some pretty bomb stuff this Christmas. Here's a breakdown of this year's spoils.


Cricut cartridge holder. Perfect for the scrapper on-the-go. And one of my goals for 2012 is to scrap more! So this will be a useful tool when scrappin' at another location. Each slot holds the key pad, cartridge, and booklet. It's purdy cool. Thanks Gina!


The Hunger Games books. Since these suckers came out I've heard nothing but positive praise about them. Another of my goals for 2012 is to read one book per month. I used to read a bunch when I was younger, and for some reason I got out of the reading habit a few years ago and have been missing those stories. 2012 is going to be my book nerd year. And The Hunger Games books will fill up 3 of those 12 spaces. I'm hoping I actually read more than a book each month, but again, I don't like setting unrealistic goals for myself. I'm working on trying to read more pre-sleep. I think I'll be able to bust out some serious stories as a before bed ritual. Thanks for the books, Paula!

As most of you know, I had to have my gall bladder removed in the spring of 2010. Although I am super pumped to never experience a gall stone attack again, I do miss the role my gall bladder played in the digestion of food. For those of you that don't know what the gall bladder does, I'll drop a knowledge bomb on you, right here, right now. The gall bladder is a holding tank for bile, the liquid that helps your body break down fats. My doctor described bile as a Dawn soap of sorts. Breaks down grease, works great on stains. Well, breaks down fats mostly. Anyway, without that holding tank for the bile, my liver is constantly dribbling out bile. This constant dribble makes my digestion somewhat unpredictable. I live in constant fear of going boom boom in my pants (only partially true), and I've heard stories from other people regarding their unpredicable digestion after gall bladder removal. Stories that make you want to carry an extra change of clothes with you everywhere, as if you are an infant. Pretty attractive, huh? Please contact me if you'd like me to go into great detail regarding my unpredictable digestion, then we can make out and feel eachother private parts, over our clothes of course. Where am I going with this story? Big sister got me a new gall bladder for Christmas!!


It doesn't really function quite as well as a real gall bladder, but she didn't have to kill anyone for it. And it isn't suffering from chronic infection like mine was prior to removal. You too can buy yourself an organ if you visit the I Heart Guts website! My sister and Mike also got me some other bad ass swag.  Check out these coasters!


No longer am I worrying about damaging my mahogany furniture pieces (everything sounds more expensive when you refer to it as a "piece" unless of course you're referring to it as a "piece" of shit) with Cristal overflowing the sides of my diamond encrusted champagne flutes. In true Hilton Sister fashion, we both got eachother a mix-n-match set of these coasters from the same vendor at this year's Urban Craft Uprising. We also got eachother necklaces from the same vendor. Silly sisters! We must have been birthed out of the same vagina!


My necklace, as you can see, is birds. The one I purchased for Chris was a deer. She's a sucker this season for deer. The lovely artist can be found at Fernworks.


Some gorgeous prints by Rachel Ann Austin. I've been eyeing her work at the last few Urban Crafts, so I'm happy Chris sprung for them. Now I just need to get them framed and I'll be set! My plan is to put them up in my office / scrapbooking space, which I hope to revamp in 2012 (another thing on my list of shit to get done in 2012 -- busy year folks!). 


Spuzz was not left out of the Christmas spirit! Chris and Mike got him this Oh! Nooooo! stuffed toy. I can't help but laugh whenever I look at it. It looks like it has the mouth of a blow-up doll. Spuzz doesn't seem to notice or care. He packs it around like all his other toys. Although his mouth isn't big enough to squeeze it's mid-section to make the Oh! Nooooo! sound play. I have to do that part for him. It's a big job, but he's my lil' guy!

What would Christmas be without buying a few presents for yourself, right? I've been big in to different types of tape and stamps for my scrapbooking and Smash booking stash. I found these gems one day at Anthropologie when I was checking out all the clothes that I can't fit my fat fanny in.  Anthropologie needs to look into making clothes for the more curvaceous female. I'm sure I'm not the only mid-30's woman with an ass that looks like a bag of wet clothes that is willing to burn $175 on a pair of vintage inspired denim sailor pants.


Hope your Christmas was fantastic!        

2 comments:

Matt, Colleen, McKenzie and Ben said...

Hunger Games is amazing, I bet you read all three in one month! Tell me when you read them and we can talk!

S and J said...

Hunger Games rocks and this blog post was funny. I'm there with you about Christmas- not the same when you're an ole' person....