Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Santa Fe -- Wrappin' It Up!

Alrighty, I'm going to try and wrap up my Santa Fe trip in this post because truthfully, I'm ready to move on. Plus, with the weather being kinda shitty while I was there, I didn't get that great of photos. And blog posts are so much better with photos, no?

So on my third day in New Mexico, we stayed in Santa Fe and went to a place called Canyon Road -- a shopping and art gallery section of town. It was really cute and it wasn't raining -- probably one of my favorite days in Santa Fe!  There are so many art galleries in Santa Fe - it is incredible. Lots of sculptures everywhere. We stopped to look in a few shops along Canyon Road and found a cute little area with a ton of brass sculptures.


I think my dad was pretty pumped to get to sit next to Mark Twain.


I liked this not-so-little-piggy. If I had an extra $15,000 dollars hanging around, I would have brought him home to live out his days in my back yard.


I thought this archways was super cool - for those nerds out there, those brick like pieces are actually books, complete with little kid reading on top.


This lady was incredible in person.  In this same area there was a home decor and furniture store called Leslie Flynt. I found and fell in love with a cabinet by David Marsh. I didn't think I'd end up buying a piece of furniture in Santa Fe, but I thought why not?  I loved it and I had a way to have it transported back to Washington, so it was a done deal.  Here's a photo of it in my house, still love it:


It's bright, quirky, and one of a kind. Not something I'd probably ever find in Seattle, and it will remind me of my trip to Santa Fe forever.  Definitely my favorite acquisition from my trip.


Santa Fe is super colorful -- lots of bright colors and bright signage.  And art, lots and lots of art.

On my fourth day in New Mexico, we drove to Albuquerque -- to the plaza of course :)  I didn't take but a few photos because the weather sucked, again. Did get some red hot chili pepper shots though!


My last day in Santa Fe, we went back to the plaza in town. My mom and I had both seen some souvenir items that we wanted to pick up.  And of course, we had to check out The Cathedral Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi.



This church was, by far, the nicest one we had visited the whole trip. Lots of super cool stained glass.


We decided to take a few photos outside as well.  I think I ended up getting in to like 2 photos on this trip, this is one of them.

Despite the cruddy weather during my trip, I'm glad I was able to check out Santa Fe! If you're ever in the area, definitely worth stopping by for a few days. Not sure when, or if, I'll ever visit again, but I'm happy to check it off my list of places I want see :)

2 comments:

Matt, Colleen, McKenzie and Ben said...

Love the cabinet - definitely looks like your style. I do have to say I'm glad you're wrapping up Santa Fe. Let's get some Spuzz updates going!

Gina Lillie said...

Is Herb trying to cop-a-feel on Mark Twain?