Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Geebers, Out!!!

I'm back!!! Yep, this month hasn't been the best month of my life, but I'm alive and doing well, and that is all that really matters :) So, as most of you are aware from a previous post, I had, let me repeat, HAD, a gall bladder packed full of stones. As of Sunday, April 18th, I no longer have a gall bladder. Hallelujah!! Long story short, I had been pretty much out of commission the first few weeks of April. I had the consultation with the surgeon on April 8th, and made the appt for removal of said Gall McBladderson for April 20th. About a week or so before surgery I had another "attack".....except this time my friend Vomit McBarfington entered the picture. Not good. Then a few days before surgery I had another "attack"..... My body at this point was totally angry and it was getting rid of my gall bladder somehow. Casey ended up taking me to the ER Saturday night, and sure enough, my blood work and abdominal ultrasound confirmed that Gall McB was infected and inflammed. So they yanked the sucker out on Sunday, April 18th. Whew!!! So glad it is over!!!
I've been resting at home the past week or so, hanging with my mom, Milo, and Frank. I have 5 tiny incisions, 3 being less than one centimeter in length, and 2 that are about an inch long. The incision near my belly button was by far the most painful incision. Big ups to all you ladies out there that have had C-sections.....I was thinking of you all while I was cringing in pain from my tiny, 1 inch, belly button incision.....I can't imagine the pain of a C-section, not to mention having to also feed and get to know a new born baby at the same time!! Anyway, all the incisions are looking good, and I'm slated to return to work in a couple days. This whole thing was a process, and I am extremely thankful to be through the worst of it!! Knock on wood.
For those of you keeping score.....that is Zombies: 1, Gall Bladder: 0. Thanks to my intern for the zombie graphic! And Kim for the Geebers, Out!

6 comments:

Heather said...

Gall McBladderson...I like that. I'm with Gina, so glad that's all over and the Geebs is out! We were pretty worried about you that Saturday night.

jess said...

Hopefully the surgeon saved my stones, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'll find out for sures on Monday when I have my follow-up appt. I was pretty worried that Saturday night as well!! Although having friends there with me made it a lot less frightening. Thanks again!!

Matt, Colleen, McKenzie and Ben said...

So glad you are on the mend! Surgery of any kind is not fun at all.

kim Hayes said...

that zombie/gallbladder graphic is the shiz!

Geebers Fo Real said...

How many of my jokes do you give Kim credit for?

Ps Your boy Christiano Ronaldo has been romantically linked to Kim Kardashian. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

jess said...

Geebers Fo Real: I gave Kim credit for the Seacrest graphic, not the joke. Geebus!! Don't get your joke panties all in a bunch GFR, you'll give yourself a rash:) Kim Kardashian can suck on it, Ronaldo is mine!! Actually after going to the Sounders game, I'm smitten with Kasey Keller, and maybe a wee bit o' the Freddie Ljungberg too.