Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Ten Things on Tuesday....Wednesday edition... :)


1. OMG! Totally stoked to see Hot Tub Time Machine! I love me some John Cusack, and he really needs to redeem himself after that taint burger "2012". Hopefully Chris, Mike, and I are hitting it up Sunday eve.

2. Who the heck is this Justin Bieber character? The newest teen sensation apparently. Admittedly, I was in to some shady stuff when I was 12 (read: NKOTB.....still think Jonathan Knight is a hottie), but this kid? He seems like a total D-bag. I am 100% confident that 12 year old Jess would have also thought this kid was a D-bag. Gina--check in with your niece, she seems like she has her finger on the pulse of what is cool with the kids these days (I am soooo turning in to my mother with that last sentence), let me know what she says about this skinny puke.

3. Milo and I just joined the Seattle Basset Meetup Group. What is the group you ask? It's a "group of Basset Hound owners and enthusiasts who get together to have fun with their Houndies and make new friends from the Puget Sound area." Sounds like a good time to me!! They meet up once a month or more. I'm excited to meet and hang out with other Bassets and Basset owners. Maybe Milo will meet a nice elderly lady Basset hound to share his life with:) More pictures and information to come after we attend our first meetup!

4. Vashon Island this weekend!! So excited to get out of town for a few days! This will be Milo's first trip out to Vashon, and I'm predicting he will be exhausted for an entire week when we return. We'll have to find an alternate route down to the beach because those steps at the house are steep....too steep for little 3 inch Basset legs:) I'm sure he'll have an absolute blast with Lincoln and Pip!!

5. I *really* want to go to Ireland. I have three weeks off this year, and I think it may be time to head out of the country. If not this year, then definitely in 2011! I kinda need to get my gall bladder situation figured out before I decide to do any international travel. I think an emergency cholecystectomy would be a bit pricey in another country! Unless I was in India, then it would be like $600 bucks.

6. I now have contacts and I'm totally loving them!! Last night after work I went to Nordstrom and picked out two new pairs of sunglasses, super excited! I haven't worn sunglasses regularly in years. So long squinty sun-blinded eyes, I won't miss you a bit. I got a super cute tortoisey-blue Marc by Marc Jacobs pair, and a bright red oversized pair by Michael Kors.

7. Guess what came out on 03.20.2010? Ah yeah, the New Moon DVD! Woot!! Woot!! I haven't gotten my copy yet, but it is on its way. Blu-ray widescreen edition. Side bar: I just figured out where I've seen Liz Lemon's "Future Husband" other than in Frost Nixon.....he plays Volturri member Aro in The Twilight Saga. He is British actor Michael Sheen.


8. Dudes!!! Soooo excited to see Kings of Leon again! They are playing Saturday, July 17th at The Gorge. Get your tickets today!! Obsession is resurfacing after taking a few months off. Side bar: picked up some new music last night at Sonic Boom.... Rogue Wave "Permalight", Ted Leo and the Pharmacists "The Brutal Bricks", and Lady GaGa "Bad Romance Remixes". I also picked up a cd by Ben Sollee and Daniel Martin Moore called "Dear Companion"....it is "a collaboration between three Kentucky musicians....the album explores their ties to Appalachia and addresses the impacts of Mountain-Top Removal (MTR) coal mining on the people and heritage of Central Appalachia." Should be interesting!! Kind blue-grassy.

9. Current celebrity crush.....Travis Pastrana. I think I've watched too many episodes of MTV's Nitro Circus. The guy is crazy!! And really attractive. Am I right, or am I right?!?


10. Dancing with the Stars is on again!! My favorite so far..... Niecy Nash (love her on Reno 911). I think Kate Gosselin is going to get the ax fairly quickly, I predict within the first two elimination rounds. She was badness. I think Pam Anderson is going to be fun to watch, she's a train wreck. Am I the only one who thinks Evan Lysacek seems a wee feminine? I guess that's what 16 years of figure skating will do to a dude. He seems like he'll stick around for awhile.

5 comments:

Kaijsa said...

I have so much love for this post, especially how you proper name-checked the mighty cholecystectomy. I used to have to write that on countless surgery consent forms. That and hemorrhoidectomy. What what!

Matt, Colleen, McKenzie and Ben said...

I'm not sure who Justin Bieber is either but I am certain if I combed Ben's hair just right they could be twins.... perhaps it not to early to become a stage mother - I'd look good feeding my kids pizza out of my minivan while waiting for another audition.

Gina Lillie said...

I'll get back to you on the Bieber sitch. Raya would know. She might be too cool for that now that she is into the Descendents.

Heather said...

Love this post!

Can't wait to hear more about the Basset Meetup Group - pictures please!

Milo will love Vashon! Don't let him bite the waves like Blue though or he'll end up with projectile diarrhea...

Ireland - Want to go SO bad. That place looks amazing.

Also, great call on Aro being Liz Lemon's future husband. I knew he looked familiar!

Gina Lillie said...

Official report on this Justin Bieber. Lame-o. Maraya refered to him as some little kid that thinks he can rap.