Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Ten Things on Tuesday.....03-09-2010 edition

1. New ring found on Etsy...... Elizabeth Rosas Jewelry is my new fave. I love this ring even more in person. Image courtesy of Elizabeth Rosas (directly from Etsy).
2. I love spinach. And I've been eating a ton of it lately. I've been trying to really bulk up the amount of vegetables I eat on a daily basis, and spinach has been on the menu for weeks now. Haven't gotten tired of it yet. Basically I steam it, then coat it lightly with a sesame dressing, mmmmmm.......delicious.
3. I'm getting contact lenses tomorrow!! Kind of excited about it. I started wearing glasses in the 8th grade and my vision has been on a steady decline since. I'll still be rockin' the specs a lot, but I'm excited about the option of not wearing them. Especially when it comes to sunglasses. So many more options when you have contacts.
4. So incredibly ready for SPRING!! The last week or so the weather has been super gorgeous. Flowers are starting to bloom in my yard. I moved my lavender plant back outside. Milo has been spending a ton of time just hanging out in the yard, even falling asleep a few times in the grass. Plus he's found a slat in the fence that is missing, so now he's spying on the little black lab puppy that lives next door. Its so cute to watch his tail start wagging when he's watching the puppy :)
5. I am soooooooo far behind on my continuing education requirement. I have to do 15 hours a year to maintain my license and I've only done like 5 hours so far. My license is up for renewal in May. Schnikes, I gotta get on that.
6. Pearl Jam scrap layouts are on deck. I'll keep you posted.
7. Okay, so I need some help / advice / input....... My skin is really sensitive. I've been using Philosophy products for the past year and have liked them quite a bit. I use a creamy cleanser and a lotion. Lately I've been feeling like my face seems red and sensitive, I think the cleanser might be a bit too much. Anyone else out there have skin that is easily irritated? Have any ideas for products or product lines I should try? I was thinking of giving Kiehl's a whirl, but I'm open to new ideas.
8. Milo and I went to the dog park at Marymoor on Saturday. He absolutely loved it! There were hundreds of dogs there, no doubt because the weather kicked ass, and Milo was diggin' on dog watching. He waddled around for over and hour, checking stuff out, sniffin' butts, you know, normal dog stuff. We'll definitely be going there again soon! Maybe with some doggie friends?
9. Frank and I went outside together today! That is a big deal for me considering I'm a total nazi about Frank getting outside. I actually didn't let him out of my arms though:) We took a little stroll around the yard, watched Milo stare at the neighbors through the broken slat in the fence, and went back inside when he got a little squirmy. Maybe that will be my treat to him every now and again..... a brief supervised visit to the yard in his momma's arms.
10. So my newest crush? Other than the bartender at Old Town Alehouse, of course? Dr. Drew Pinsky. Dream. Period. Boat. Period. Love him.

6 comments:

Christin Hilton said...

Pretty ring! Excellent taste as usual.

kim hayes said...

i've got a crush on dr. drew too. i wish i had an addiction and i was a celebrity so i could go see him.

Heather said...

I use the Kiehl's Washable Cleansing Milk and really like it. I've also heard that good old Cetaphil is a nice gentle cleanser and you can get it from the drug store. Ditto on the Dr. Drew crush. Who knew he was so popular with the ladies?!

Oh...and I really want to go to Marymoor with you! Milo and Blue would have a good time.

bethyp said...

Hi Jess!

I use Cetaphil cleanser - I know, not really eco-friendly, but it works when my skin is bad. Then the rest of the time I use oatmeal soap (a bar) and Burt's Bee's radiance lotion - love it.

As for Dr. Drew. I have been hot for him for years. There was some show a while ago where you could call in and say what random celebrity you'd sleep with and I almost called in. Other random call-ins: Anderson Cooper, Oprah...

Oh and I'm addicted to Celebrity Rehab - does that make me an addict? :)

bethyp said...

Oh yeah, and I LOVE that ring! I'm looking the artist up...

And I love the Ten Things idea - I'll try that for my blog that has been neglected for a very long time.

:)

Gina Lillie said...

I was also going to suggest Cetaphil. I used it when I though I was getting pregger acne. Worked well. It's super gentle.