Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A dog and his bone......

While I was at Mud Bay tonight after work, I decided to get Milo a treat, a sun-dried bone. Little did I know that this inexpensive item would provide him with so much joy! Check out the picture below, he looks like he's about ready to take the bone down, Kobayashi style, love it.
I opened up its package, set it down in front of him, and it has been occupying his time ever since. I think he actually started falling asleep chewing on it at one point. Considering he sleeps about 20 hours a day, I wasn't at all surprised.
Make no mistake, Milo is not the sharpest tool in the shed. Sometimes, who am I kidding, most times, during his awake hours, he can be found staring at the floor, or at the wall directly in front of his face. I would pay money, seriously, to find out what this dog is thinking. He tried his hardest to bury the bone in the house. The length of the carpet prevented him from hiding anything from anyone, but he kept at it. It was actually really cute to watch.....he'd scrape at the carpet with his paw 3 or 4 times, then he'd set his bone down, then he'd scrape at the carpet in a motion that looked like he was pushing the carpet over the bone.
His paw looks strategically placed in the above shot, like the bone is a cigar. His nails are getting too long. Tomorrow he's getting groomed at Pet Daddy, a full service bath. What does that mean? A bath, nails clipped, anal glands expressed (ewww), ears cleaned (its about time, this guys ears are like a high school play curtain), and a brush out. I'm excited, he's going to look so adorable, all fluffy and clean. I hope he doesn't hate it.
Anyway, so that is the Milo update. This chubby bastard loves a bone. I'm having a blast getting to know this little man.
Milo says...."Don't think about touching my bone, woman!"

4 comments:

Gina Lillie said...

That's one happy dog!

Heather said...

Awww, that's so cute! Milo has found a hobby! Can't wait to hear how his trip to the groomer went.

jess said...

Milo's trip to the groomer went *really* well, he's clean as a whistle. Smells delightful. The groomer said he howled in delight when they cleaned his ears! Funny. But sadly, he only let them trim his front paws, back paws were a no go. I might have to get him some sleepy meds next time so they can cut his back nails.

S and J said...

Love the dogs photos. Both our dogs like to "bury" items. Shuksan buries his treats and then forgets what he did with them...lucky for Gretta, she pays close attention to where Shuksan buries his treats because she usually digs them up about five minutes after he buries them. Gretta also has the need to bury our things...shoes, gloves, socks, pretty much anything left on the floor. I often have to go outside and root through beauty bark for my shoe.