Friday, December 25, 2009

The Gooch!!!

I'll go all Gran Torino on yo' ass!!! So Wednesday morning I was running out of the house to make it to an appointment in the morning and guess what I found on my car? Some shady creep tagged my car!!! 5 times!!! Yeah, awesome. Check it out......
"Gucci" with a thick, black Sharpie marker all over my pristine Subaru. Across the hood, on the side door, on both side mirrors, and on my back window. WTF? Luckily it came off the back window and side mirrors really easily by just wiping them with a towel. The hood and side door? Another story.
I wish I would have immediately gone online and did some research on ways to get Sharpie tags off car paint. But I was totally in the moment and wanting to get this lameness off as fast as possible. I got some soap and warm water, and a soft sponge and started to put a little elbow grease into it, but only a little bit came off. Ugh. Then I thought about this ceramic top oven cleaner I have, and that took the Sharpie ink right off my car.....unfortunately it also took a little of the shine off of my car in those spots too. Bummer. You can't even really tell unless the sun is shining, but it still bums me out. My dad seems to think a nice wax job will bring the shine right back, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that will happen.
The irony of it all, and what actually made me laugh, *really* hard, about the whole ordeal is that Tuesday night I was watching the first episode of a HBO show called Summer Heights High. Hilarious, BTW, check it out. One of the characters is a punk kid, Jonah Takalua. He tags everything, and his tag is "Dicktation"......see below.
God, that is funny. While I was inside my warm little house, laughing my ass off about "dicktation", some punk was outside gucci-ing my car six ways to Sunday. God, it could have been soooo much worse. I'll take Gucci over Dicktation any day.
Check out Jonah in action:
Oh yeah, if this happens to you, apparently the removal method of choice is a dry erase marker or hairspray. I guess the dry erase marker ink binds to the Sharpie ink, and it can easily be wiped off leaving no marks and taking no shine off the paint. Hairspray contains a ton of denatured alcohol, which also can be used to get rid of black ink. Guess what I own now? Yeah, dry erase markers and hairspray. Bring it you punks! Insert picture of me here shaking my dry erase marker fist in the general direction of the neighborhood.

5 comments:

Casey said...

Eff Gucci. He DID do a great job at generating a new nickname for you though, Hilt. It's like you were born to be the "Gooch". It kind of reminds me of "Savivi".

Heather said...

That sucks! Sorry Jess. I don't know if I could ever bring myself to call you the "Gooch" either... Maybe your car, but not you. I'll leave that to the boys.

Gina Lillie said...

I don't what just made me laugh harder, thinking about "dicktation" or the fact that Casey brought us "Savivi".

Savivi said...

SAVIVI! Ps Gina I get my tv's at Bry's.

S and J said...

The irony of it all, Subaru's must only be "gucci" in Seattle. In some sort of morbid way, I'm glad we drive a 1993 Teal Mazda with a dent in the door.