Sunday, November 15, 2009

These are the things I know.......

.......about Milo, so far.......
1. He is incredibley motivated by food. He could eat his dinner 10 times and still be wagging his tail for more. Sometimes when I'm eating dinner and I'm almost finished he'll whine for my last few bites.
2. He scratches his front paw on the door when he wants to go outside, or come back inside. Its quite cute actually.
3. He DOES NOT like to have his eye goobers cleaned off his face by anyone other than himself. I tried wiping them away with a warm, damp paper towel and he ran away, fast as lightening!
4. He REALLY wants to know what lives at the end of our street, but I like walking the other direction.....someday you'll find out Milo, don't worry.
5. He would love to sleep on the bed, but that is Frank's territory, not going to happen. He settles for next to my bed on his own little dog sized bed.
6. I think he really likes kids, or is just super curious about small people. Yesterday on our walk we saw a toddler walking down the street with his parent and Milo started wagging his tail super fast. Milo kept staring and wagging until the toddler turned the corner and was out of sight.
7. The couch also serves as his giant dog bed. See picture above:)
8. All he wants is love and attention. And I feel pretty lucky that I'm able to give that to him.
9. He has a long, strange, nipple-like skin tag on his chest. It kinda grosses me out sometimes when I'm rubbing his belly and I touch the tag. What if one of my rings catches on that thing? Ewww. I still love him, tag and all.
10. After climbing the stairs he gets super winded. Like 75-yr-old-man-heart-attack-gasping-for-breath-type winded. I guess I would feel the same way if I was trying to climb stairs with three inch legs.

More to come as things unfold.......

4 comments:

Heather said...

Milo sounds like a keeper. We need to get him and Blue together again! Has he met Pip and Linc yet?

Gina Lillie said...

You picked a good one Hilt. I love those floppy ears. I would also love to see him run like lightning.

Chris said...

Love it! You two are a good match. Two weeks after we got Mitch, all I was sure about was that he was crazy! He's still crazy, but kind of a lovable, short bus type of crazy.

Matt, Colleen, McKenzie and Ben said...

I think you know one more thing about Milo now.... missed you last night but we will scrap again!