Friday, November 27, 2009

I am thankful for......

......so many things........

-My awesome family! I would argue that I have the best parents a girl could ask for......loving, supportive, generous, understanding.... I feel pretty damn lucky that the stork dropped me off at Ken and Marg's house 32 years ago. I can't imagine what my life would be like without them. Not to mention my kick ass sis and bro-in-law. One of my favorite moments from Thanksgiving day this year? A quiet moment alone with my sister, laying on her bed, chit-chatting while other family members talked in the other room.
-My awesome friends! My laugh lines and crows feet thank them very much! Friends from grade school, friends from undergrad, friends from grad school.....I couldn't ask for a more solid group of friends.
-Frank and Milo. I really couldn't ask for two more lovable characters. I've had Frank for about 6 or more years now and I can't imagine my life without that little puff of mostly black fur. And Milo? It's only been a month since he entered my life, but I am a lucky girl to have him around. Like I've said more times than I can remember, he's a dear, sweet boy. Even if he gets so excited sometimes that he squeaks out a turd in the house.
-My health. Well, that is in question at the moment seeing that I have a sinus infection and laryngitis:) But other than the occasional ailment, I'm a pretty healthy girl. I think about how other people live with serious illness, and I feel very thankful my only major malfunction is a lazy thyroid.
-Netflix. (Obviously, this is where my "thankful" list goes superficial)..... Yes, Netflix. I thought I was going to cancel it because I ended up having the two same movies at my house for over 4 months, which is a total waste of money. Then I switched up my queue and now I'm all about getting television shows on DVD. I'm currently working on getting through How I Met Your Mother. My new favorite show. Neil Patrick Harris totally makes that show for me....SUIT UP!
-Starbucks Mocha Frappucinos. You know the kind you buy in the glass bottle from the grocery store. These are my guilty pleasure. Almost daily I have one. Less expensive that a mocha from the coffee shop, but just as satisfying.
-Alexander Fleming. He discovered penicillin. You think I'm kidding? Not even close. I've had strep throat and sinusitis enough times to know that without the invention of penicillin, I'd surely be pushing up daisies.
-Sonic Boom Records. See previous fist full o' music posts.
-Sunshine on a cold, crisp day. My favorite kind of Northwest weather. A welcome change from the gray skies with pelting rain we've had the last few weeks. I was about ready to build an ark and start rounding up the animals in pairs.
-Pearl Jam. Bringing me joy since 1992. Wait, let me make a slogan out of it..... Pearl Jam: Gettin' Me Through Since '92. Put that on your bumpersticker and smoke it.
-Seattle. I love you. Still working on my love letter to you. It's quite long, wordy, and sometimes just a bunch of bull $hit, but I know you appreciate it.

3 comments:

Gina Lillie said...

Great Post Hilt. I think I see a scrap page there.

casey said...

How I Met Your Mother... batch!

Heather said...

I like this.