Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Wait for it.......

Over the past few weeks, we have had some pretty incredible weather here in Seattle. My yard is in full bloom and my allergies are working overtime. I am so ready for some sunshine on a more consistent basis.
I've never been one to be super excited about yard work. My lawn is already overgrown (double entendre??......go ahead and comment, Casey....), and it looks like I'll have to bust out the mower sooner rather than later. The mower the landlord left is electric, which makes me nervous. I only needed to use it once last fall when I moved in, and the entire 5 minutes it took me to mow the lawn I was worried about mowing over the cord and electrocuting myself.
If I am going to electrocute myself, it is definitely not going to be while mowing a 10ft by 10ft lawn. It would be "death by stereo", like in The Lost Boys, when the Frog Brothers kill the vampire by staking him through a huge speaker. Awesome. My "death by stereo" song would be Thunderstruck by AC/DC. Side note: is it just me, or does iTunes not sell any AC/DC songs?
In other iTunes related news.....my current song obsessions include "Help, I'm Alive" by Metric, and "Zero" by Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Karen O is the shiznit. And my guiltiest of recent pleasures? "Poker Face" by Lady GaGa. Frank likes to watch me dance to this in my office.
What are your current music obsessions? Anyone have any recommendations?

2 comments:

Kaijsa said...

Does Frank *like* to watch, or is he silently judging you?

My musical obsessions lately are more old school. I should get on the stick and find some new music, but I'm harkening back to old Old 97s and Wilco these days. It's mellow. But I also am still grooving on the new Animal Collective--wouldn't call it an obsession, though.

jess said...

Good call, Kaijsa. He's definitely judging. Especially when I dance to "Rockstar" by Nickelback. Then he's not so much judging as he is ashamed.