Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Smelling the old 'hood........

I can't imagine what Frank is thinking at this point. I have been leaving the bedroom window open so he can familiarize himself with the smells and sounds of the neighborhood. I wonder if he is thinking..."Didn't we just live here 5 months ago?"....or possibly...."Where is that lame-o neighbor cat, Hashbrown?" The house we moved in to is approximately a block and a half from our old house. Crazy! I love this neighborhood, and was excited at the chance to move back.
Frank hasn't slept too much the last few days. He had been crashing at my parent's place the last couple weeks while I worked on getting settled in to the house. I brought him back with me this past Sunday, and he's been in serious explorer mode since then. He's checked out every nook and cranny in the house, and observed the view from every possible window. His favorite spots so far are the windows in the living room, kitchen, and bedroom.
I sense that he is getting a little tired, considering he usually sleeps about 22 hours a day. I figure he will crash out hard core in the next day or so, once the novelty of the new place has worn off.
Until then, let the exploration continue......

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let the games with hashbrown begin (hands rubbing together). He's like Frank's Moriarty. Excellent.

Kaijsa said...

Jess, I love the new blog title. It makes me a little weepy, personally, being so far away from that wonderful city.

Anonymous said...

Welcome home, Frizz!

Anonymous said...

Welcome home dirty frank!!

Anonymous said...

Let me know if he escapes and needs to be cornered on the deck! :) Great title!

jess said...

Thanks everyone for the great comments! I am really excited about my new place. I will be posting pictures once I get everything settled. So far it is looking great. I got a new couch and chair, so hopefully in a few weeks when they arrive I'll post some pictures of my digs!