Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Back in Seattle!!!

As some of you know, I have moved back to Seattle!! Deciding to leave California was an extremely difficult decision and in no way an easy decision. Out of respect for John, and his family and/or friends that may continue to look at this blog, this will be the first and last time I will mention leaving California. John and I parted ways on great terms, and he is an amazing person, and I wish him my love and best of luck with his adventures in California.

So, why the photos of Seattle? The photos below were taken shortly after I got my first digital camera. I think it was 2002ish. It was a little Canon Powershot point and shoot type camera. It was a mere 3 megapixels. But it served me well. My parents got it for me for Christmas while I was still in graduate school. I used to take study breaks and go on outtings with my camera, taking pictures of different things around Seattle. I took pictures all over town, so much fun. I took pictures in Ballard, Golden Gardens, Pike Place, various locations downtown, pictures of old cars, cool signs, buttons in elevators, gridlines on escalators in the bus tunnel, skyscrapers, sunsets, pretty much anything I saw that I thought was cool. Those first camera breaks took place almost 7 years ago. I have lived in Seattle almost 10 years now, but it wasn't until I actually went out exploring with my dinky little camera that I fell in love with this city. Needless to say, when I moved to California, my heart broke for Seattle. My family, friends, and all things Pacific Northwest. I was a mess. So this is my love letter to Seattle, I've missed you, and I'm happy to be home.
Neon sign at Ray's Boathouse.
Caffe Fiore at night, 85th street location.
Golden Gardens at sunset.
Shilshole Bay marina at sunset.

Considering my return to Seattle, this girl's adventures in California have come to a close. With that in mind, I need a new blog title! Anyone have any ideas? I'm open to suggestions. Please feel free to leave a comment with any ideas you might have!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so good to have you back Jess! Seattle wasn't the same without you.

Matt, Colleen, McKenzie and Ben said...

Let's plan a day to do some scrapping with Gina! Have you seen Sarah's blog? Check it out! http://sarahandjarred.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

seattle is glad to have you back too!

Anonymous said...

Oh, your pictures make me miss Seattle even more! I hope you enjoy being back and are doing well.

Gina Lillie said...

Welcome home!

Kaijsa said...

Jess, you're amazing. I'm happy you're back home in Seattle, and I think you're awesome for taking a leap and trying out California. Next time I'm home for a visit, I'm looking you up and buying you a drink!

Anonymous said...

Glad you're home Jess, I've missed you! We should get together soon so David and I can introduce you to our new baby!