Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Total knob jockey

In an effort to spice this stank burger up, I've been working on a few DIY projects around the house.  The first of which I talked about in a previous post regarding my crappy couch to shabby chic makeover.  It took very little time, and just a wee bit o' casheesh on my part.  Also on the DIY list was to change the boring knobs on my blue dresser.  Here is what the original knobs looked like:


Kinda plain jane, nothing awesome about them.  They weren't ugly by any stretch, but they didn't add any flavor to the dresser.  During one of my trips to World Market I saw they stock a variety of different knobs -- shapes, sizes, colors, etc.  I decided to do a little switch up with the dresser in my bedroom.  Here are some of the knobs I picked out:


The picture doesn't show all of them -- there are 12 total -- but you get the idea of what type of knobs I was looking for.  They aren't that expensive either!  I got a couple sets for $3.99 a set, then a few of the more colorful knobs were $3.99 to $4.99 each.  I think for the whole 12-knob transformation I spent about $40.  Here's the dresser now:


Not the greatest picture ever, but you get the idea.  It looks pretty sweet in person.  I find that, like The Dude's rug, it completes the room :)    

2 comments:

Gina Lillie said...

I love that all the knobs are different. Gives it character!

Matt, Colleen, McKenzie and Ben said...

Is that a Spuz eyeball I spy on your sidebar? Need post grooming post stat!