Wednesday, September 23, 2009

it's Pearl Jam week folks.....

On September 20th, Pearl Jam released their ninth studio album, "Backspacer". Despite the fact that I've been listening to, as well as blogging about, Kings of Leon the past few months, Pearl Jam remains my favorite band of all time. I've been listening to them religiously since the release of "Ten" back in 1991. Hard to believe that was 18 years ago! This week I am stoked because I get to see them three times....Monday, Tuesday at the Key Arena in Seattle, and Saturday at the Clark County Fairgrounds in Vancouver, WA. Yes, that is right folks, PJ is playing in The 'Couv!
The show on Tuesday night was absolutely awesome, while the show on Monday night seemed kinda bumpy. The setlist on Monday was just okay, while the Tuesday setlist was amazing. Admittedly, for myself, the bumpiness had quite a bit to do with the fact that they just released their new album on Sunday, and I only knew one song. Tuesday was also a monumental day for the band, it was their 50th show in Seattle.
Monday night setlist:
1. Long Road
2. Corduroy
3. Gonna See My Friend
4. Got Some
5. Hail Hail
6. Amongst The Waves
7. Daughter
8. Even Flow
9. Johnny Guitar
10. Unthought Known
11. World Wide Suicide
12. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
13. Off He Goes
14. Down
15. Save You
16. The Fixer
17. Life Wasted
18. Just Breathe
19. The End
20. Inside Job
21. Rearviewmirror
22. Given To Fly
23. Do The Evolution
24. Better Man
25. The Real Me (The Who cover)
26. Indifference
27. Alive
Tuesday Night setlist:
1. Sometimes
2. Why Go
3. All Night
4. The Fixer
5. Dissident
6. Johnny Guitar
7. Faithful
8. Lukin
9. Not For You
10. No Way
11. Unthought Known
12. Unemployable
13. Comatose
14. Insignificance
15. Present Tense
16. Got Some
17. Go
18. Just Breathe
19. The End
20. Black
21. In My Tree
22. Spin The Black Circle
23. Supersonic
24. Do The Evolution
25. The Real Me (The Who cover)
26. Porch
27. Yellow Ledbetter
Love, love, loved Tuesday night! The best part about the Monday show though? The poster. See below. It was my goal Monday night to get a poster for the show and luckily I was able to snag one right when I walked in the doors. It's of a sasquatch riding a wave. This one is getting framed for sure.
Tuesday night it was also my goal to get a show poster, and although I did accomplish said goal, the poster isn't as impressive as Monday's. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with this bad boy. I'm down with pirates, long beards, and typewriters, but put them all together with a strange color palate, and it didn't really come together as I had hoped. They can't all be winners, right?
Here's a shot taken by Kim L. She had kick ass seats for Tuesday's show, 4th or 5th row I think!

3 comments:

Kaijsa said...

Oh, seriously one of the best live bands ever. I still dream of the Drop in the Park show. Did you go to that? I took my brother, who was a wee freshman at the time, because I'm a nice big sister.

Also, I love a band that really changes up their setlist every show. No phoning it in for PJ!

Gina Lillie said...

That poster kicks ass! Nice score. I haven't heard the full album yet, but if The Fixer is any indication, it will be awesome.

Heather said...

Goddammit!! Why couldn't I have gone to the Tuesday night show instead?! I loved the Monday show but according to your play list, they played some of my absolute favorites on Tuesday. Bummer. I didn't have your kickass seats either. We were way in back. Had fun texting you though. Can't believe you saw Sir Mix-a-Lot! Did you get a pic?
Get to see AiC at the Moore tonight! Can't wait!!!