Monday, September 19, 2011

Lighting a blog fire under my ass!!

If you're reading this post right now, then you're looking at my new kick-ass blog banner!!  I've been rocking that same picture of Shilshole Bay for the past 3 years -- I decided it was time for a change, and time to kick things up a notch!  I'm hoping this new blog design will light a fire under my lazy blogging ass :)

The new blog banner was created by Lucas Andrews of A Flight of Yesterdays Design.  I'll be posting a link to his website as soon as it is up and running.  In the meantime, if you would like to contact him for any graphic design work, he can be reached through his Facebook page.

So......what have I been up to since my last post over a month ago?!?  Surprisingly, I've been pretty busy!  Working a bit on my One Little Word project.  I'm also expanding my photography horizons with another online course through Big Picture Classes -- Mastering Manual Mode.  Truthfully, I've been behind the entire 8 weeks of class, but I've been printing out all the materials and my intention is to practice, practice, practice in the coming months.  I've also been going on dog park adventures with Spuzz, and watching him tear shit up around the house.  Seriously, he's a mischievious little fart!  Just now he destroyed the cord that opens and closes my living room curtains.  Luckily the curtains are on deck to be replaced because, if you've seen them you know, they resemble curtains the Golden Girls would have had in their sweet, swingin' single old lady pad in Miami.  I'm talkin' AARP up in this bitch folks.  Geri-atric!  I'll be getting rid of them as soon as I have the living room painted.  If I had to describe the color of my living room, I would tell you it looks like Eddie Bauer barfed everywhere.  Like a henley I had circa 1992.  Kind of a dark teal / forest green.  Not my style. 

I'm also taking a beginning sewing class with Kim.  It is a 4 week class at a sewing / vacuum shop in Ballard.  Each week we make a new project.  The first week we made a tote bag, and the second week we made a zippered pouch.  Check out the pouch!


I'd post a picture of the tote bag, but for some reason it didn't download on to my computer completely.  You've probably seen it on my Facebook page anyway, considering I only have like 5 readers who also happen to be on Facebook.  This week we are making a quilted placemat.  Woot!  I'll be quilting up a storm here soon!  I'll post photos!! 

Also this week?  I'm doing the Puyallup!!  I've never 'done' the Puyallup before.  I'm pretty stoked on hitting up the animal facilities.  They are having a dog show the day we are going -- so pumped!!  I'll be sure to try and capture the essence of Puyallup with some photos :) 

2 comments:

Matt, Colleen, McKenzie and Ben said...

Loving the remodeled blog!! Super jealous of your lovely header image. I too am behind the entire 8 weeks of the Big Picture class... but am hording the material for the future as well.

Gina Lillie said...

I love the new banner. And I totally know that henley shirt. You wore the S**t out of that shirt.